Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Marriage

So, My Fiancé and I got engaged in November of 2008. We quickly had an engagement party and are really enjoying just being together and being engaged. Our families on the other hand, are pulling our leg about wedding plans. At first we were so happy about our engagement that we kind of let others plan for us but now we lost thousands of dollars on down payments on a photographer and catering hall because we decided to call the wedding off. My fiancé and I decided to call the wedding of because of stupid family drama and a sense of lack of control. But now that we have all the control in our hands, we have no idea what to do! LOL Because my Fiancé and I are such free spirits and we love to travel, we thought a destination wedding would suit us well, not to mention how much more affordable those things are too. But the more and more I began to plan a destination wedding, the more I want a big glamorous wedding here in New York. This could be in part for the dreadful wedding I seen in the resort I stayed in, in Mexico recently. But today I had an epiphany while watching a T.V. program; Marriage is about getting it right and not about the ring or the fancy party! like I said before, My Fiance and I are happy! Thats all that matters! So from now on, I will not stress over this, I am going to take my time and plan it out how I always dream it to be and however long it may take, I know I will be happy with my decision. Let this be a lesson for all you newly engaged couples! Do what makes you happy and if you and your partner are right, then go foward and the wedding will be beautiful no matter what! Until then bloggers, I will be sure to update you!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I can imagine the stress you were going through, and you know what? I completely agree with you. If he is "the one" and vice versa it doesn't matter where you guys are, the wedding will be extremely gorgeous. I believe that it is all in the feeling of the moment. Being with the one you love, followed by the people that love you and sharing your feelings through the vow is all you need. The fancy church and the big ring is all material things- nothing you take with you to the grave. But, the love you withstand for him will go with you to the other side (kinda deep LOL). Is the emotion you feel when you're eyes lock, and you feel that unexplainable, weird yet comforting tingle on your spine while a smirk quickly makes its way out and delivers on your face, and the tears of joy that waters the wedding bouquet while his sweat of nervousness emerge creating a puddle of love with magical swans swimming in it. WOW. It is the glance that lonely people envy and witness in your exciting eyes, a look that is quiet, yet so loud screaming, "I LOVE YOU, I CANT WAIT FOR THIS TO BE OVER SO THAT I CAN SHOWCASE MY LOVE TO YOU!!" LOL. and finally have the title every little girl dreams of- "the bride." All you need is him, all of your families, the ring, the vow, the dress and the love. other than that you can have all the rest with complete imagery. We don't dream for nothing- just ask for an enchanting dream and you'll see everything you wanted.
    and thanks for the job advice, hopefully I helped you out too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ive never been to a wedding, is that strange? great pics by the way very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a great epiphany because marriage is about getting it right..so please don't rush

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha thanks for the advice. Hell yeah imma get them drunk. Pour some vodka on their milk LOL jk... am I? No, I can't stand them I can't stay one minute with them in a room so how are we going to "play" hahaha..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment you are about to leave! I deeply appreciate it! I'll be visiting yours soon!