Although the title of my blog is Eye of the Tiger photography, I am always discussing fashion and there is a reason for this. Not only do I love fashion but, fashion and photography go hand in hand. There would be no reason for fashion if it is not captured.
Photography was developed in the 1830s but the only techniqueused at the time was the daguerreotype and this was unsuitable for mass printing, so... pictures were taken for people of nobility and looked alot like this

But in the early 1900's, halftoned printing was invented and the fashion magazine was born! Fashion photography made its first appearance in French magazines such as La mode practique. In 1909, Condé Nast took over Vogue magazine and also contributed to the beginnings of fashion photography.
Early fashion photography

Isn't it beautiful!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the comment you are about to leave! I deeply appreciate it! I'll be visiting yours soon!