Wednesday, August 5, 2009

photog tips

Although i'm no pro, I love to share and spread some knowledge to the world...so I would like to share some photography tips for those who are intrested! 1. For those who think that photography is simple and it's just about capturing something interesting, sorry to say it but you're wrong. Photography is about making light perform tricks. So the right camera and lens are vital to taking a good shot. So make sure you have a decent camera and that you are in a well lit place or have knowledge of the various settings on you're camera that can play with the available lighting. 2. Take off the flash for professional type photos but make sure you either have a tri-pod or very steady hand because taking pics without a flash tend to be very sensitve to movement and come out blurry. ** please be advise that these tips are for amatures, most pros have a variety of connecting lamps and flashes to project different lighting. 3. To focus closely on an image us the macro botton. The macro button is the button which is usually displayed by a little flower. This is my favorite setting because it focuses on a certain object and blurs out the surrounding! pretty cool! For more tips, please feel free to comment and I will respond as soon as I can. P.S. - The camera that I have is a canon g10, if anyone has this and needs help understanding it, I will be glad to help!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips Sylvia! I'm a real rookie in this photog thing, just recently got interested in it, esp fashion photography.... for fun :) I'll sure be a frequent visitor to your blog!

    XO
    stylecrumbs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so sharing these tips..I was wondering could you recommend a camera as I have this canon digital that is about five years old and needs to be thrown out!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for dropping by me and the comment :)
    love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the tips.. i love it... like photography^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a Nikon D40. are those any good?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment you are about to leave! I deeply appreciate it! I'll be visiting yours soon!