Sunday, December 6, 2009

MTV's the Jersey Shore

















"I invented the poof!"

Have any of you seen MTV's newest reality show, The Jersey Shore???
It is hilarious! But at the same time, I can't stop watching!
I have been reading some blogs and some of you don't believe that people like this exists and that it's an act and I am here to let you all know, that they do and I see them everyday and know them personally.
Don't get the wrong idea though, some of you need to understand that being a "guido" or guidette" is a culture! These people surround themselves with people like this and feel it is the norm. Do I agree with everything?...No. Personally I think going tanning as often as they do is a little extreme and their accents...Come on! I lived in Brooklyn my entire life and I know bathroom is pronounced bath-room not bayth-rooom. But in some aspects I feel they are not so weird. I don't think it's so wrong to take care of yourself like they do. They go to the gym and make sure they are in good shape;nothing wrong with that.
Please remember that this is only 8 ppl out of an entire community! But who am I kidding, these guys are the epitomy of douchebags! 

What are some of your thoughts?

Check out NY mags top 10 quotes from the first episode of the Jersey Shore here!

My fav is: "I feel like this is beneath me. I'm a bartender. I do great things." —Angelina

10 comments:

  1. oh girl! this is my new addiction! and yes i believe people like this exist...NOW! but hell to no do i think it's cool. but then we kinda need people to make fun of so there you go. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I feel like a geek cause I have not even heard of this lol. I need to go find out what it is lol...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lmao. this show is hilarious! i cannot stop watching it either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another MTV to be addicted to :D.
    It's so ridiculous though some of the things that come out of their mouths!
    If some guy told me to call him "The Situation", I'd think he was insane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL i was watching it for a minute (this guy had brought nasty girls home in a hot tub or something) but then my husband was like, why are we watching this crap?? LOL

    he doesn't understand my reality show addiction.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lmao! Have you ever had a show that was just SO stupid, you couldnt stop watching it? Lol this is mine! Lil snookie or snook whatever... wow! shes funny as hell =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll admit this show is addicting because it's a reality show (and many of them are because there entertaining!)

    But this show also shows a negative stereotype towards Italian people. Not everyone that is Italian or from Jersey, acts or talks like this! I have people in my family that are Italian and from jersey and are actually first generation "real" Italian with the accents and everything--I hope people see this show just for entertainment purposes and not judge a group based on these eight people!

    Good post, and the show is still very entertaining and hilarious! lol

    Me and Enrique make fun of "The Situation"! hah

    ReplyDelete
  8. lmfao..after being down with a cold..i watched this show like 3 times in a row and am totally obsessed myself. I'm from California so I'm quite fascinated by these people. The beefcakes so buff that they can't bend there arms and the girls with clips holding up there bumps aka "poofs"! this is like another world for me and am so intrigued!! i can't get enough!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am SO addicted. It kills me that somebody calls himself "the situation." ah ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol at Jill i will to but Mike is sexyyy i like him...I'm Not goig to lie i love this show...lol my favorites are J-WOWWW and Sammi..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment you are about to leave! I deeply appreciate it! I'll be visiting yours soon!