
I absolutley love Lily Allen! Beside her fantastic and original style, this bitch tells it how it is and I fucking love it!
From speaking the truth about her hometown London to calling out her own brother on his shit! This girl is awesome!
She is a regular girl talking about everyday shit.
Take a look at some of these snippets of her lyrics and you will know wh this girl is worthy!
"Everyone's at it" - It's not me, it's you
You go to the doctor,
You need pills to sleep in.
Well if you can convince him,
Then I guess that's not cheating.
So your daughter's depressed,
We'll get her straight on the prozac.
But little do you know,
She already takes crack.
Why can't we all,
All just be honest,
Admit to ourselves,
That everyone's on it.
From grown politicians,
To young adolescents,
Prescribing themselves,
Anti-depressants.
"Fuck you" - It's not me, it's you
Look inside
Look inside your tiny mind
Now look a bit harder
Cause we're so uninspired, so sick and tired of all the hatred you harbor
Fuck you
Fuck you very, very much
Cause we hate what you do
And we hate your whole crew
So please don't stay in touch
Fuck you
Fuck you very, very much
Cause your words don't translate and it's getting quite late
So please don't stay in touch
"Not Fair" - It's not me, it's you
There's just one thing
that's getting in the way
when we go up to bed
you're just no good
it's such a shame
I look into your eyes
I want to get to know you
and then you make this noise
and it's apparent it's all over
It's not fair
and I think you're really mean
I think you're really mean
I think you're really mean
Oh, you're supposed to care
don't you never make me scream
you never make me scream
"Friday Night" - Alright,Still
It's quarter to and we get to the front,
Girl on a guest list dressed like a c***
She asked security to check inside my shoes,
You can play this game with me but you know you're gonna lose.
Looked me up and down,
I don't make a sound,
There's a lesson that I want you to learn,
If you're gonna play with fire then you're gonna get burned
"LDN" - Alright,Still
Riding through the city on my bike all day
Cause the filth took away my license
It doesn't get me down and I feel OK
Cause the sights that I'm seeing are priceless
Everything seems to look as it should
But I wonder what goes on behind doors
A fella looking dapper, but he's sitting with a slapper
Then I see it's a pimp and his crack whore
You might laugh you might frown
Walkin' round London town
"Smile" - Alright,Still
At first when I see you cry,
yeah it makes me smile, yeah it makes my smile
At worst I feel bad for a while,
but then I just smile I go ahead and smile
I've recently become a fan of Lily Allen as well. I really like her and Gaga for their personalities. They're presence and demeanor are carefree but deliberate. I think they're very inspirational women. These lyrics are too true. Allen always has some real shit to say. Nice post.
ReplyDeleteMax Gibson
wineandbowties.com
Umm... maybe because she is super talented, pretty sexy and says it like it is.
ReplyDeleteHey, you're blog is cool. Follow me at fashionforwarddude.blogspot.com
Thanks.
Hahaha thanks. I guess I like expressing what I feel in a very elegant way. So am I a writer? You asked. Well.. I mean I like to think I am. I love writing though and I would like to be in the fashion industry as a journalist. Later on becoming the Editor in chief of a fashion magazine. But I don't have a degree in it yet. I'm just entering college right now. so you want to be a photographer?
ReplyDeleteWell, thanks so much...really. I can't belive you have that much faith in my writing LOL. Photography is great, perhaps you should do photography in the field of fashion and take pics for magazines and editorial/ catalog shoots. and who knows maybe you'll end up working with me on my near future, hopefully, fashion magazine LOL.
ReplyDeletei love her too!!! dogg
ReplyDelete