Sunday, December 6, 2009

I &hearts Tat's

Tattooing is about personalizing the body, making it a true home and fit temple for the spirit that dwells inside it.... Tattooing therefore, is a way of keeping the spiritual and material needs of my body in balance.  ~Michelle Delio


A tattoo is a true poetic creation, and is always more than meets the eye.  As a tattoo is grounded on living skin, so its essence emotes a poignancy unique to the mortal human condition.  ~V. Vale and Andrea Juno


The tattoo attracts and also repels precisely because it is different.  ~Margo DeMello


You may lose your most valuable property through misfortune in various ways.  You may lose your house, your wife and other treasures.  But of your moko, you cannot be deprived except by death.  It will be your ornament and companion until your last day.  ~Netana Whakaari of Waimana


Beauty is skin deep.  A tattoo goes all the way to the bone.  ~Vince Hemingson




















My tats



This was my first tat and I never really put thought into it, I just wanted one so bad, so the min. I turned 18 I went and got this one! I like it though because it's feminine!


This is my most recent and I got it for a lot of different reasons! The first is the meaning, it means loyalty in arabic. This tat is a twin tat that my best friend and I got together to denote our friendship. 
I chose Arabic because I am a history buff and arabic is the second most widely used alphabet in the world and one of the first written languages.
The rebel side of me wanted to choose the Arabic writing because so many people judge and discriminate against people who speak Arabic languages because of the war and unfortunate events, so I wanted to piss the simple minded people off as well & dare them to criticize me. LOL 
I know my stuff when it comes to world history and politics so, I anticipate arguments against my tat. 


My fiance is also big into tats! here is his back

















My next tat which I like to keep secret for the sake of originality will be denoted to my favorite Beatles song!
Unfortunately, I wont be able to get it as soon as I will like but I will def. keep you all posted!

13 comments:

  1. i love your blog! check mine out!
    http://chickschronicles.blogspot.com
    im a follower of your blog as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. your tattoos are cute and you fiance has like 39489384 tattoos lol,
    the ones you posted are REALLY cool,
    i kinda want one but i need to put alot of thought into it, it has to be really cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing these beautiful photos, your tats are great =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. i abs. love tats. some ppl don't get it but thats why they are on me & not them!! your tats. are nice.. i have (5) & want more.. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree I love tatoos, I have held back from getting one for the same reason many poeple do, I want it to be original and I have to think about it more. yours are very cute though, me and my best friend are still trying to figure out what to get inorder to celebrate our friendship of over 7 years! so yeah :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i almost had a heart attack when i saw his back! LOL

    i like your tattoos and plan to get one too (probably in july for my anniversary)

    those quotes are really nice too...and is it just me or does that feather tattoo look like it really hurt to get done? hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love tattoo's too. their addicting. i personally like the last two in your list. they're awesome. i like yours too. what are their meanings?

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love tattoos as well, very meaningful ones. i got a portait of my dad on my upper left arm. with the words, "suavecito" a song done by the group Malo. one of the songs that reminds me of my dad. thankfully, (contrary to what ppl believe) my dad is still alive and i got to show him the wonderful artistry that is on my arm now forever. its him but i had found an old '70s picture of him like in his 20s so decided to get that portait, i was so scared to show him but when i did he was so proud! thanks for doing this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i forgot to add that right underneath the portait i put the words, "they condemn what they do not understand." tatted on me, a phrase that came to mind after watching a movie on the war in iraq, not about the americans but about the people of iraq and what THEY have to deal with. Kinda bringing to light how they see things and that phrase came to mind. im working on doing my whole arm eventually :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My first tattoo had zero thought behind it. I really want my next one to mean something!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tattos are cute. I have 2 as well. My first had thought...just not smart thoughts behind it..lol! And my second means a lot to me. and O want 4 more! with my nxt being a friendship tat with my 2 bestfriends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know I LOVE the Beatles sheet music tat!!! I don't have one yet. I've promised my sister when I turn 30(she will be 18) we will get sister tats. I also want "Dona Nobis Pacem" on my wrist.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment you are about to leave! I deeply appreciate it! I'll be visiting yours soon!