Monday, October 5, 2009

Curly Hair Care


















Curly hair...urggg...what can I say...well, I can whole heartedly say, it doesn't make life easier!
For those of you blessed with the devil's curly hair, you must already know how prone we are to frizz.
Curly hair frizzes more than other hair types because it tends to be dry and brittle - and this is due to its shape - curly hair doesn't sit on the scalp but lifts away from it - so the scalp's natural moisturising oils and sebum don't get a chance to penetrate and coat curly hair shafts.
So rule #1 for all you curly sue's out there...Moisturize!!! Limit the shampooing of the hair to at least once a week and if you must wet your hair for styling, just use conditioner.
2. When you finished applying conditioner, use a comb to comb the conditioner into every strand of hair! you mustn't leave one out!
3. If your hair is a reall frizzy mess, Just leave the conditioner in all day! It will harden at work as a style product while conditioning your hair! Some people don't agree to this step but it works for me! Granted, doing this can clog up your hair follicles, so don't do this to often and make sure to scrub your scalp when you finaally shampoo!
4. LESS IS MORE with curls! the more products you use, the worse off your hair is! I know sometimes your hair can be hard to tame, but find a light product that will tame the mane and simply use that!
5. Blowing out and flat ironing your hair is obviously not helpful but when you do be sure to use heat protecting creams and recovering treatments afterwards!

Here are a list of the products I love and find helpful!





Garnier Fructis  "Curl & Shine" shampoo and conditioner



Neutrogena, triple moisture deep recovery mask - for after blowouts or flat ironing












Fantasia Hair Polisher Heat Protector










Tresemme Curl care mousse- just a tiny bit on wet hair, let dry naturally

Catwalk, curls rock amplifier

Garnier Fructis anti-humidty hairspray...again just a tiny bit!

Hope this helps!




8 comments:

  1. yayyyyyyyyyy!! thanx for posting this. my hair is so curly and half the time i don't know what to do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your curly hair is so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg! you have such pretty hair!! wow!
    I didnt even know cause your pic shows straight hair! But anyways it is starting to get misty out...curly hair season! Cant leave without my treseme mousse! & ive been lookin for a good moisterizer...u think the Neutrogena does the trick? ima try it! & the catwalk looks bomb but iHATE spending alotta $$$ on hair products :/

    -Yours Truly
    Nikky

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your hair and thanks for the tips! I will definitely give it a try!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey i really like that pic with the lil effect :-) how'd you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your curly hair! Have curls myself.
    But I never show them haha!
    X, fashion-nerdic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for follow me! Your blog is very interesting, I like it!
    follow you too
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment you are about to leave! I deeply appreciate it! I'll be visiting yours soon!